First World War Battlefield Remembrance Tours
Why not take your School/Adult group to learn more about the events of The First World War and the influences it had on the world as we know it today.
For the past 25 years Grayscroft Coaches have been operating guided tours to the Battlefields of Belgium and France.
Accompanied by a specialist guide, tours can be tailor made to suit individual group requirements and budgets for both adult and school groups.
Should you or any member of your group have relatives commemorated in the locality of your tour, every effort will be made to visit the cemetery or memorial concerned.
Tour Highlights and Inclusions
- An executive coach for your exclusive use with on-board DVD presentations
- Tailor-made itinerary
- All entrance fees associated with your visit
- Return Channel crossings with either Ferry or Eurotunnel
- The Services of our experienced tour guide
- Hotel or Hostel accommodation and a board basis of your preference
- Tour briefing prior to your departure providing a suitable presentation and materials for tour participants and for parents of school groups
- Poppy wreaths including arrangements to lay a wreath at the Menin Gate (if applicable)
Sample Itinerary for Schools visiting Ypres
04.45 Meet at school. Depart School at 05.00
11.00 P and O Ferry crossing.
15.00 In Flanders Fields Museum, Ypres
16.30 Bayernwald German Trenches and Croonaert Chapel Cemetery
17.45 Arrive hotel, allocate rooms, make beds
18.30 Supper. DVDs to set the scene for the following days activities. (The Messines explosions and Harry Patch)
Evening activities in the recreation area
08.00 Breakfast, make packed Lunch
09.00 Depart Ypres town market and time for shopping
St. Georges Church
Essex Farm and John McCrae
Hill 62 Trenches, (Sanctuary Wood) Museum and the Canadian Memorial
Hill 60 and Caterpillar Crater
The Pool of Peace and Lone Tree Cemetery
19.00 Depart Hotel
20.00 The Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate, wreath laying
20.30 Evening activities in the recreation area
08.00 Breakfast, make packed lunch, clear rooms
09.00 Depart Tyne Cot Cemetery, Visitor Centre, wreath laying
Poelcapelle Military Cemetery
Langemark German Cemetery, wreath laying
Shot at dawn and Poperinge New Cemetery
16.05 Ferry/Eurotunnel crossing
23.00 Arrive School
Please contact us here with any queries and we will get back to you as soon as we can.